This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the double arches stitch. This stitch creates a dense but delicate looking pattern. The double arches stitch would be great for shawls, shrugs, and wraps!
LanaMundi Yarns Tajik Mohair comes from the Asht region of Northern Tajikistan which is the center of Angora goat production. Only the best quality Angora kid fleeces are used for spinning this, strong yet soft, mohair yarn. The quality of this fingering-weight, two-ply yarn and the hand-spinning and dying are excellent; however, as with any handspun yarn, you may find some slight variation in thickness and color consistency.
The hook by which all others are measured! Skacel's most popular hook features a comfort grip handle. The famous addi Comfort Grip crochet hooks feature color-coded handles for ease of organization and perfect for those crocheteers seeking an ergonomic crochet hook.
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 8 + 2
- Foundation Row: 1sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1sc in each ch across row, turn.
- Row 1: ch 1, 1sc in 1st sc, ch 3, skip next 2sc, *1dc in each of next 3sc, ch 3, skip 2sc, 1sc in next sc**, ch 3, skip 2sc, rep from * across, ending last rep at **, turn.
- Row 2: ch 5 (counts as dc, ch 2), *1sc in each of next 3dc**, ch 5, skip next 2 ch 3 spaces, rep from * across, ending last rep at **, ch 2, 1dc in last sc, turn.
- Row 3: ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), 1dc in next ch 2 space, *ch 3, skip next sc, 1sc in next sc, ch 3**, 3dc in next ch 5 space, rep from * across, ending last rep at **, 1dc in next ch 2 space, 1dc in 3rd of turning ch 5, turn.
- Row 4: ch 1, 1sc in 1st dc, 1sc in next dc, *ch 5, 1sc in each of next 3dc, rep from * across, ending with 1sc in last dc, 1sc in 3rd ch of tch, turn.
- Row 5: ch 1, 1sc in 1st sc, *ch 3, 3dc in next ch 5 space, ch 3, skip next sc, 1sc in next sc, rep from * across, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.
Example of the Double Arches Stitch. Reversible (Click for Larger Image)