When you begin the new row of a pattern, you most often start the row with a series of chain stitches. This often counts as your first double crochet in the row. The problem with this method is that you can get a gap at the beginning of the row. By using the Chainless Starting Treble Crochet, this can be avoided. It has the added advantage of having a crisp, clean stitch to work into for the next row, instead of having to wrestle with chain stitches.
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
Crystal Palaces' Bamboo Crochet Hooks are lovely, and feel great in your hand. These 6 inch crochet hooks are made from specially selected, cured, and finished bamboo for an exceptionally smooth feel. Made in Japan.
- Step 1: Draw the loop on the hook up a little bit, about the height of three of your crochet hooks.
- Step 2: Hold that stitch tight at the bottom and on the top of the hook.
- Step 3: Twist the hook down towards you, and around to the back twice.
- Step 4: Yo and bring yarn through to other side.
- Step 5: Yo and draw through two loops on hook.
- Step 6: Yo and draw through last two loops on hook.