The Diamond Motif creates a fun diamond shape pattern. The construction is done in multiple parts, as it starts with a back and forth construction, and ends with the edging done in the round. The Diamond Motif would be great for afghans, pillows and blankets!
SOYSILK® brand fiber is made from the residue of soybeans from tofu manufacturing. This process is 100-percent natural and free of any petrochemicals, making it an extremely environmentally friendly product. SOYSILK® brand fiber offers superior moisture absorption and ventilation properties along with beautiful draping, softness and warmth.
Skacel Addi Swing Hook was developed with comfort in mind. The handle is constructed of two plastics: one colorful and soft, and the other, white and firm. The two balance each other perfectly for just the right amount of flexibility.This is a crochet hook to love! The beautifully balanced handle rests perfectly in your hand as addi’s Turbo hook glides in and out of each stitch. With addi Swing Hooks you can say good-bye (and good riddance!) to cramped fingers forever.
Foundation Chain:Chain 6.
- Row 1: 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in each ch across, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc and in each sc across, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc and in each sc across, turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc and in each sc across, turn.
- Row 5: Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc and in each sc across, turn.
- Row 6: Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc and in each sc across, turn.
- Round 1: Ch 1, 2 sc in first sc, 1 sc in each of next 3 sc, 3 sc in last sc (corner made), work 3 sc evenly spaced across side square, 3 sc in corner, 1 sc in each of next 3 ch, 3 sc in corner, 3 sc evenly spaced across side, ending with 1 sc in first sc, join with Sl st to first sc (last corner completed).
- Round 2: Ch 14 (counts as dc, ch 11), 1 dc in center sc of next corner, (ch 11, 1 dc in center sc of next corner) twice, ch 11, Sl st in 3rd ch of beg ch-14.
- Round 3: Ch 1, 1 sc in first sc st, *15 sc in next loop, 1 sc in next dc, rep from * around, omitting last sc, join with Sl st to first sc.
- Round 4: Ch 1, skip first sc, *1 sc in each of next 7 sc, 3 sc in next sc, 1 sc in each of next 7 sc, skip 1 sc, rep from * around, join with a Sl st to beg ch 1, end off.
Note Work the center square of this motif in rows; work second part in rounds.