This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the colleen border edging stitch. The colleen border edging stitch would be great for the edging on an afghan or a baby blanket.
This unbelievably soft wool is made from shrink treated Merino Lambs Wool. It offers the wonderful qualities of traditionally spun wool, but with the convenience of machine washing and drying. Garments made from this yarn will not shrink or fade after numerous machine washings and dryings. Made in the USA.
These hooks have the broadest size range within the Susan Bates family of hooks. Made of lightweight aluminum; each Silvalume hook undergoes a special anodizing process, which etches away all surface impurities. In addition, each hook is heat treated for strength and durability and polished for a velvety smooth finish. Each size is color coded so you can find the size you need at a glance. The famous Susan Bates in-line head helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue-free crocheting and helps you maintain a more consistent gauge.
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 4 + 2
- Foundation Row: 1dc in 6th ch from hook, *ch 1, skip next ch, 1dc in next ch, rep from * across, turn.
- Row 1: Ch 1, 1sc in first dc, *1 sc in next ch-1 space, 1 sc in next dc, rep from * across, working last sc in 3rd ch at beg ch, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), skip first 3 sc, *3dc in next sc, next 3 sc, rep from * across to within last 3 sts, skip next 2 sc, 1 dc in last sc, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 5 (counts as dc, ch 2), *[yo, pick up a loop in next dc, yo, draw through 2 loops on hook] 3 times, yo, draw through all 4 loops on hook (cluster made), ch 3, rep from * across to within last 4 sts, cluster in next 3 dc, ch 2, dc in top of turning ch, turn.
- Row 4: Ch 1, 1 sc in first dc, 2 sc in next ch-2 space, 1 sc in top of cluster, *3 sc in next ch-3 space, 1 sc in next cluster, rep from * across ending with 2 sc in next ch-2 space, 1 sc in top turning ch, turn.
- Row 5: Ch 4 (counts as dc, ch 1), skip first 2 sc, *1 dc in next sc, ch 1, skip next sc, rep from * across, ending with 1 dc in last sc, end off.