The Italian Cast On is a ribbing cast on. This means that it was specifically designed for use with a 1×1 ribbing stitch. This cast on has a distinctive, seamless look and an extremely stretchy edge. It works wonderfully on scarves and hats.
Editor’s Note: Be sure to grab your at the end of this post. It’s completely FREE!
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
Takumi is light in weight with a warm natural touch. Bamboo is the ideal material for making knitting needles. The finest bamboo is used to manufacture knitting needles with accurate specifications. Each knitting needle is polished for smoothness. Practical bamboo improves with age, making these special Takumi Bamboo needles a long-lasting addition to your knitting bag.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PDF OF THIS STITCH PATTERN
- Prep: Hold your yarn across you fingers like a slingshot, and place the needle across the bar in the middle of your fingers. Scoop the needle downward and towards your body to twist into your first stitch.
- Step 1: Take working needle around the outside of the upper strand of yarn, and under the bottom strand.
- Step 2: Take the needle under and over the bottom strand, and back to the top.
- Step 3: Come around the outside of the bottom strand, and through the middle gap.
- Step 4: Come over the top of the top strand.
- Step 5: Bring the needle back around and under the bottom strand, back to the position of Step 1 (2 sts made).