The Linked Double Crochet Stitch is a variation of the double crochet stitch. It creates a much closer and tighter fabric than the traditional double crochet. It has the same height of the traditional stitch, but it results in a much denser fabric. This makes this stitch great for projects that could use some density, but without the bulk of a single crochet stitch.
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
- Prep Step A: Chain three to get the stitch height necessary for the stitch.
- Prep Step B: Insert hook into second chain from the hook, yarn over, and draw through.
- Prep Step C: Insert hook into next stitch, yarn over, and draw through loop. (3 loops on hook)
- Prep Step D: Work as normal double crochet: yarn over, draw through two, yarn over, and draw through final two stitches.
- Step 1: Insert hook into horizontal bar of previous stitch from top to bottom.
- Step 2: Yarn over and draw loop through bar.
- Step 3: Insert hook into next stitch in the row.
- Step 4: Yarn over and draw through loop.
- Step 5: Yarn over and draw through two sts.
- Step 6: Yarn over and draw through remaining two sts.