This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the aqueduct edging stitch. This stitch creates a delicate looking pattern. The aqueduct edging stitch would be great all edging projects!
The silver content in SilverSpun makes it therapeutic and conductive. Silver inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria, has excellent thermal properties, is nontoxic and is perfect for those suffering from diabetes, arthritis and sensitive skin. Silver is also an excellent conductive agent allowing Smartphone or tablet touch screen use while wearing gloves knit from the yarn. SilverSpun is compatible with Apple iPhones and Android phones. The silver is permanently adhered to the yarn and will not wash out.
These hooks have the broadest size range within the Susan Bates family of hooks. Made of lightweight aluminum; each Silvalume hook undergoes a special anodizing process, which etches away all surface impurities. In addition, each hook is heat treated for strength and durability and polished for a velvety smooth finish. Each size is color coded so you can find the size you need at a glance. The famous Susan Bates in-line head helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue-free crocheting and helps you maintain a more consistent gauge.
Foundation Chain:Multiple of 4 + 4
- Row 1: (Right Side): Work 1dc into 6th ch from hook, *1ch, skip 1ch, 1dc into next ch; rep from * to end, turn.
- Row 2: 1ch, 1sc into 1st dc, *5ch, skip 1dc, 1sc into next dc; rep from * to last dc, 5ch, skip 1dc and 1ch, 1sc into next ch, turn.
- Row 3: 1ch, 1sc into 1st sc, work 7sc into each 5ch arch to end, 1sc into last sc, turn.
- Row 4: 5ch (count as 1dc, 2ch), skip 1st 4sc, 1sc into next sc, *3ch, skip 6sc, 1sc into next sc; rep from * to last 4sc, 2ch, 1dc into last sc turn.
- Row 5: 1ch,1sc into 1st dc, 5ch, 1sc into 2ch sp, into each sp work [1sc, 5ch, 1sc] to end placing last sc into 3rd of 5ch at beg of previous row. Fasten off.
Repeat rows 1-5 until you have reached your desired length.