Stitch DescriptionThe Foundation Double Crochet is a method of beginning a project allows you to work your foundation row at the same time as your first row, using the double crochet stitch. It’s great for projects that may have a long foundation row. It creates a different, but attractive, style of edge than the traditional foundation chain.
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
- Step 1: Chain 4.
- Step 2: Yarn over, insert hook into top two chains at the beginning of the ch 4.
- Step 3: Yarn over, and work as a double crochet (dc).
- Step 4: Yarn over, insert hook into top two sts at the base of the just completed dc.
- Step 5: Yarn over, pull through loop.
- Step 6: Yarn over, pull through two loops. (2 loops on hook)
- Step 7: Yarn over, pull through two loops again. (1 loop on hook)
Repeat steps 4 – 7 until desired number of of stitches is reached