Stitch DescriptionThe Back Post Double Crochet is a method for making texture on the right side of your fabric. It is made by working into the row below, and pulls the fabric up and out on the right side, forming a bump in the fabric. It’s a technique used in cables, ribbing, simulated stitches, and basketweaves.
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
- Step 1: Yo on hook.
- Step 2: Insert hook into hole next to the post of the next stitch, on the “hook side” from back to front
- Step 3: Bring the hook back to the back of the fabric around the post, to the hole farther from the hook.
- Step 4: Yo and draw through a loop, bringing it through both sides of the fabric. (3 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 5: Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook. (2 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 6: Yo and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.