The Back Post Double Crochet is a method for making texture on the right side of your fabric. It is made by working into the row below, and pulls the fabric up and out on the right side, forming a bump in the fabric. It’s a technique used in cables, ribbing, simulated stitches, and basketweaves.
Editor’s Note: Be sure to grab your at the end of this post. It’s completely FREE!
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
Crystal Palaces’ Bamboo Crochet Hooks are lovely, and feel great in your hand. These 6 inch crochet hooks are made from specially selected, cured, and finished bamboo for an exceptionally smooth feel. Made in Japan.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PDF OF THIS STITCH PATTERN
- Step 1: Yo on hook.
- Step 2: Insert hook into hole next to the post of the next stitch, on the “hook side” from back to front
- Step 3: Bring the hook back to the back of the fabric around the post, to the hole farther from the hook.
- Step 4: Yo and draw through a loop, bringing it through both sides of the fabric. (3 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 5: Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook. (2 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 6: Yo and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.