About this Stitch Pattern
The Slipstitch Crosses is a mosaic colorwork stitch pattern. It uses slipped stitches and two colors of yarn to create a unique fabric. The all-over colorwork pattern uses rows of “V’s” that create triangular windows of contrasting color. The effect is a beautiful geometric pattern that looks complex but is actually quite easy to knit. The slipstitch crosses stitch is great for those starting to experiment with colorwork knitting.
Use this stitch on large pieces of fabric, like scarves, blankets, and pillows.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 6
- Prep Row 1: Using A, Knit
- Prep Row 2: Using A, Purl
- Row 1: Using B, K2, *sl 2, K4; rep from * to last 4 sts, sl 2, K2
- Row 2: Using B, P2, * sl 2, p4; rep from * to last 4 sts, sl 2, p2
- Row 3: Using A, K1, c2b, c2f, *k2, c2b, c2f; rep from * to last st, k1
- Row 4: Using A, Purl
- Row 5: Using B, K5, sl 2, *k4, sl 2; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5
- Row 6: Using B, P5, *sl 2, p4; rep from * to last 7 sts, sl 2, p5
- Row 7: Using A, K4, c2b, c2f, *k2, c2b, c2f; rep from * to last 4 sts, k4
- Row 8: Using A, Purl
Repeat rows 1 – 8 until you have reached your desired length.