The Slip Stitch Crosses Stitch is a pretty color work stitch that combines both slipped stitches and cables to get its undulating pattern on the fabric’s surface. The all-over pattern that it creates would work nicely for a bag, mittens, or a hat.
Cast On: Multiples of 6
- Prep Row 1: Using A, Knit
- Prep Row 2: Using A, Purl
- Row 1: Using B, K2, *sl 2, K4; rep from * to last 4 sts, sl 2, K2
- Row 2: Using B, P2, * sl 2, p4; rep from * to last 4 sts, sl 2, p2
- Row 3: Using A, K1, c2b, c2f, *k2, c2b, c2f; rep from * to last st, k1
- Row 4: Using A, Purl
- Row 5: Using B, K5, sl 2, *k4, sl 2; rep from * to last 5 sts, k5
- Row 6: Using B, P5, *sl 2, p4; rep from * to last 7 sts, sl 2, p5
- Row 7: Using A, K4, c2b, c2f, *k2, c2b, c2f; rep from * to last 4 sts, k4
- Row 8: Using A, Purl
Repeat rows 1 – 8 until you have reached your desired length.