The Cascade cable rib stitch is a fairly basic cable stitch. By combining left and right cables columns of cabled fabric are created. These columns looks like streams of stitches cascading down the side of a mountain. The cascade cable rib stitch is great for scarves, blankets, sweaters and hats.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- 2/2 LC
- 2 over 2 Left Cross (C4F – Cable 4 Front)
- 2/2 RC
- 2 over 2 Right Cross (C4B – Cable 4 Back)
Cast On: Multiples of 14 + 2
- Row 1 (RS): P2, *k4, 2/2 RC, 2/2 LC, p2, repeat from *
- All Even Side Rows: K2, *p12, k2, repeat from *
- Row 3: P2, *k2, 2/2 RC, k6, p2, repeat from *
- Row 5: P2, *2/2 RC, 2/2 LC, k4, p2, repeat from *
- Row 7: P2, *k6, 2/2 LC, k2, p2, repeat from *
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length.