About this Stitch Pattern
The Basketweave Stitch pattern uses simple knits and purls to create a textured fabric that emulates a woven basket. It is a great pattern for blankets and washcloths as well as bags, pillows, or scarves.
[VIDEO] Stitch Pattern Tutorial
Techniques Used In This Stitch Pattern
Stitch Pattern Details
Stitch Pattern Instructions
Cast On: Multiples of 8 + 5
- Row 1: Knit all stitches.
- Row 2: K5, *p3, k5; rep from * to end
- Row 3: P5, *k3, p5; rep from * to end
- Row 4: Rep row 2
- Row 5: Knit all sts
- Row 6: K1, *p3, k5; rep from * to last stitch, k1
- Row 7: P1, *k3, P5; rep from * to last stitch, p1
- Row 8: Rep row 6
Repeat rows 1 – 8 until you have reached your desired length.