The Slipped Double Chain Cable Stitch is a cable pattern that uses slipped stitches to create a traveling chain link motif. It is a great detail for home decor projects, scarves, or sweaters.
Vanna White, America’s favorite crocheter and Lion Brand’s spokesperson for over 15 years, introduces Vanna’s Choice, an easy-care, silky-soft premium basic available in a range of beautiful, expertly-coordinated shades.
These beautiful knitting needles are made from Bocote wood. This wood comes from Mexico and has a beautiful and unique grain pattern, creating dark swirls against a golden backdrop. Because of this wood’s striking, zebra-like contrasts, these needles are eye-catching. Montana Mountain Knitting Needles hand-makes these excellent tools in Seeley Lake, Montana.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Slip Stitch
- Cable 3 Left Front: Slip stitch onto cable needle and hold in front of work, k 2, knit stitch off of cable needle.
- Cable 3 Right Back: Slip 2 sts onto cable needle and hold in back of work, k1, knit 2 sts off of cable needle.
Number of Rows: 8
Worked over 7 stitches on a Reverse stockinette background
- Row 1 (RS): Sl 1 purlwise, k5, sl 1 purlwise
- Row 2: Sl 1 purlwise, k5, sl 1 purlwise
- Row 3: C3LF, k1, C3RB
- Row 4: Purl all stitches
- Row 5: K2, Sl 1 purlwise, k1, sl 1 purlwise, k2
- Row 6: P2, Sl 1 purlwise, p1, sl 1 purlwise, p2
- Row 7: C3RB, k1, C3LF
- Row 8: Purl all stitches
Repeat rows 1 – 8 until you have reached your desired length.