This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the variation honeybee stitch. This is a way of working the beautiful old Honeybee Pattern that makes a fabric more open and delicate than the original. The variation honeybee stitch is great for adding detail to any project.
Sourced and spun entirely in Afghanistan, this 100% cashmere yarn is the ultimate in “feel good” yarn. The yarn is spun by Afghan women from their homes and they receive a fair wage for their labor. As a fair trade product, it not only feels good while you are wearing it, but you can feel good knowing that your purchase is helping someone live a better life.
These beautiful knitting needles are made from Bocote wood. This wood comes from Mexico and has a beautiful and unique grain pattern, creating dark swirls against a golden backdrop. Because of this wood’s striking, zebra-like contrasts, these needles are eye-catching. Montana Mountain Knitting Needles hand-makes these excellent tools in Seeley Lake, Montana.
Cast On: Multiples of 12 + 5
- Row 1: (right side) K2, *p1, k5 (yo) 4 times, ssk, k4; rep from * end p1, k2
- Row 2: K3, * p3, p2tog tbl, (yo) 4 times, drop the yo strands of previous row off needle, p2tog, p3, K1, rep from * end k2
- Row 3: K2, *P1, k2, k2tog, (yo) 4 times, drop the yo strands of previous row off needle , ssk, k2, rep from * end p1, k2
- Row 4: K3, * p1, p2tog tbl (yo) 4 times, drop the yo strands of previous row off needles, p2 tog, p1, k1, rep from * end k2
- Row 5: K2, * p1, k2tog, (yo) 4 times, drop the yo strands of previous row off needle, ssk:, rep from * end p1, k2.
- Row 6: K3 * p1, drop the yo strands of previous row off needle, turn work, cast on 4 sts to left-hand needle (using the cable cast on), then insert right-hand needle under the 5 loose strands of the dropped yo’s and draw through a loop; place this loop on left-hand needle, cast on 4 more sts, turn work; p1, k1; rep from * end k2
Repeat rows 1-6 until you have reached your desired length.