This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the slipped three stitch cable in both right and left variations. This stitch is a very small accent cable at only three stitches wide. The slipped three stitch cable would be great to use on small projects like mug cozies, wrist warmers or book covers or it could be used in an all over cable design popular in aran sweaters!
Sourced and spun entirely in Afghanistan, this 100% cashmere yarn is the ultimate in “feel good” yarn. The yarn is spun by Afghan women from their homes and they receive a fair wage for their labor. As a fair trade product, it not only feels good while you are wearing it, but you can feel good knowing that your purchase is helping someone live a better life.
A pair of knitting needles.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Cable 3 Right – slip next 2 sts onto cable needle and hold at back of work, knit next stitch from left hand needle then knit sts from cable needle.
- Cable 3 Left – slip next st onto cable needle and hold at front of work, knit next 2 sts from left hand needle then knit sts from cable needle.
Cast On: Worked over 3 stitches
- Note: Slipped to the Left
- Row 1: (right side) Sl 1 purl-wise, k2.
- Row 2: P2, sl 1 purl-wise.
- Row 3: C3L
- Row 4: Purl
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.