This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the star cluster stitch. This stitch creates a mesh like pattern with a lot of texture. The star cluster stitch would be great for scarves, blankets, and baby blankets!
This unbelievably soft wool is made from shrink treated Merino Lambs Wool. It offers the wonderful qualities of traditionally spun wool, but with the convenience of machine washing and drying. Garments made from this yarn will not shrink or fade after numerous machine washings and dryings. Made in the USA.
A pair of knitting needles.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Purl Through the Back Loop
- Yarn Over
- Knit 2 Together
- k2tog tbl
- Knit 2 Together Through the Back Loop
- With Yarn In Back
- sl st
- Slip Stitch
Cast On:Multiples of 4 + 2
- Row 1: (Right Side): K1, *k2tog, (yo) twice, k2tog-tbl; rep from *, end k1.
- Row 2: P2, *p1 (the first yo), p1-b (the second yo); Cluster the next 2 sts as follows: sl 2 wyib, bring yarn to front between needles, sl the same 2 sts back to left-hand needle, pass yarn to back between needles, sl the same 2 sts wyib again; rep from *, end p1, p1-b, p2.
- Row 3: K3, *k2tog, (yo) twice, k2tog-b; rep from *, end k3.
- Row 4: P2, *Cluster 2, p1, p1-b; rep from *, end Cluster 2, p2.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.