This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the shingle stitch. This reversible pattern creates a checkered texture fabric that is perfect for washcloths and afghans.
Have all the needles you’ll ever need in one convenient carrying case! The addi Lace Click system provides 8 different sizes of addi Lace tips, five different lengths of our new, extremely pliable blue cord, and one connector piece which helps to either store stitches or combine your cords. The Click tips require no tools to change; simply insert the cord deep into the tip, twist and release. The tips will remain secure until you change them, thanks to the Click's revolutionary locking mechanism. The addi Click tips are nickel plated. Our nickel plating process is electro-static, which produces a smooth, rounded edge, where the tip and the cord "click" together.
Cast on in multiples of 10 + 5
- Row 1: (right side) k5, *k1 tbl, [p1, k1 tbl] twice, k5; rep from *to end.
- Row 2: k5, *p1 tbl, [k1, p1 tbl] twice, k5; rep from * to end.
- Repeat rows 1 and 2 twice more (for a total of 6 rows)
- Row 7: k1 tbl, [p1, k1 tbl] twice, *k5, k1 tbl, [p1, k1 tbl] twice; rep from * to end.
- Row 8: p1 tbl, [k1, p1 tbl] twice, *k5, p1 tbl, [k1, p1 tbl] twice; rep from * to end.
- Repeat rows 7 and 8 twice more
Repeat these 12 rows until you have reached your desired length.