This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the garter stitch edging. The garter stitch edging would be great for edging any project!
This unbelievably soft wool is made from shrink treated Merino Lambs Wool. It offers the wonderful qualities of traditionally spun wool, but with the convenience of machine washing and drying. Garments made from this yarn will not shrink or fade after numerous machine washings and dryings. Made in the USA.
Takumi is light in weight with a warm natural touch. Bamboo is the ideal material for making knitting needles. The finest bamboo is used to manufacture knitting needles with accurate specifications. Each knitting needle is polished for smoothness. Practical bamboo improves with age, making these special Takumi Bamboo needles a long-lasting addition to your knitting bag.
Cast On: Worked over 10 sts
- Note: Sts should only be counted after the 8th row.
- Row 1: (Right side) K3, [yo, k2tog] twice, yo twice, k2tog, k1.
- Row 2: K3, p1, k2, [yo, k2tog] twice, k1.
- Row 3: K3, [yo, k2tog] twice, k1, yo twice, k2tog, k1.
- Row 4: K3, p1, k3, [yo, k2tog] twice, k1.
- Row 5: K3, [yo, k2tog] twice, k2, yo twice, k2tog, k1.
- Row 6: K3, p1, k4, [yo, k2tog] twice, k1.
- Row 7: K3, [yo, k2tog] twice, k6.
- Row 8: Bind off 3 sts, k4 (not including st already on needle after binding off), [yo, k2tog] twice, k1.
Repeat rows 1-8 until you have reached your desired length.