This knitting tutorial will help you learn how to knit the bead stitch. This lace stitch creates a fabric that gives the illusion of being set on strings like a strand of beads. The bead stitch would be great for sweaters, pillows, purses or wraps!
This yarn is exceptionally soft and 100% organic. It has been manufactured to GOTS (Global Organic Textile Standards) and has an Organic Tilth certification. All of their wool is organically dyed and spun in the USA. A true American product!
A pair of knitting needles.
- Knit Stitch
- Purl Stitch
- Knit 2 Together
- Purl 2 Together
- p2tog tbl
- Purl 2 Together Through The Back Loop
- Yarn Over
- sl st
- Slip Stitch
- Pass Slipped Stitch Over
- Yarn Round Needle
Cast On: Multiples of 7
- Row 1: (right side) K1, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, sl 1, k1, psso, *k2, k2tog, yo, k1, yo, sl 1, k1, psso; rep from * to last st, k1.
- Row 2: *P2tog tbl, yrn, p3, yrn, p2tog; rep from * to end.
- Row 3: K1, yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yo, *k2, yo, sl 1, k1, psso, k1, k2tog, yo; rep from * to last st, k1.
- Row 4: P2, yrn, p3tog, yrn, *p4, yrn, p3tog, yrn; rep from * to last 2 sts, p2.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.