This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the petal stitch. This stitch creates a fun lace pattern. The petal stitch would be great for shawls, shrugs, and afghans!
Our fiber factory begins in Wyoming’s rugged mountain climate.Because it is so fine, mountain merino yarn is silky soft to the touch, insulates well, and feels delightful next to your skin.We process the best fiber from the best growers in the West, transforming it into extraordinary wool products: knitting and weaving yarns; handspinner roving; quilt batts; felt and more. Made in USA.
These hooks have the broadest size range within the Susan Bates family of hooks. Made of lightweight aluminum; each Silvalume hook undergoes a special anodizing process, which etches away all surface impurities. In addition, each hook is heat treated for strength and durability and polished for a velvety smooth finish. Each size is color coded so you can find the size you need at a glance. The famous Susan Bates in-line head helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue-free crocheting and helps you maintain a more consistent gauge.
Foundation Chain: Multiple of 8 + 1
- Row 1: (Wrong Side): 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, *2ch, skip 3ch, 4tr into next ch, 2ch, skip 3ch, 1sc into next ch; rep from * to end, turn.
- Row 2: 1ch, 1sc into first st, *3ch, skip 2ch and 1tr, 1sc into next tr, 3ch, skip 2tr and 2ch, 1sc into next sc; rep from * to end, skip tch, turn.
- Row 3: 4ch (count as 1tr), 1tr into first st, *2ch, skip 3ch, 1sc into next sc, 2ch, skip 3ch, 4tr into next sc; rep from * to end omitting 1tr at end of last rep, skip tch, turn.
- Row 4: 1ch, 1sc into first st, *3ch, skip 2tr and 2ch, 1sc into next sc, 3ch, skip 2ch and 1tr, 1sc into next tr; rep from * ending last rep in top of tch, turn.
- Row 5: 1ch, 1sc into first st, *2ch, skip 3ch, 4tr into next sc, 2ch, skip 3ch, 1sc into next sc; rep from * to end, skip tch, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.