This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the maya mesh stitch. This stitch creates a fun boxed shape patterns. The maya mesh stitch would be great for afghans, shawl and baby blankets!
SOYSILK® brand fiber is made from the residue of soybeans from tofu manufacturing. This process is 100-percent natural and free of any petrochemicals, making it an extremely environmentally friendly product. SOYSILK® brand fiber offers superior moisture absorption and ventilation properties along with beautiful draping, softness and warmth.
These hooks have the broadest size range within the Susan Bates family of hooks. Made of lightweight aluminum; each Silvalume hook undergoes a special anodizing process, which etches away all surface impurities. In addition, each hook is heat treated for strength and durability and polished for a velvety smooth finish. Each size is color coded so you can find the size you need at a glance. The famous Susan Bates in-line head helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue-free crocheting and helps you maintain a more consistent gauge.
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 11 + 8
- Foundation Row: 1 dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in each of the next 4 ch, *ch 3, skip next 2 ch, 1 sc in next ch, ch 3, skip next 2 ch, 1 dc in each of next 6 ch, rep from * across, turn.
- Row 1: Ch 8 (counts as first dc and ch 5), skip first 5 dc, 1 dc in next dc, *ch 5, 1 dc in next dc, ch 5, skip next 4 dc, 1 dc in next dc, rep from * across, ending with last dc in top of turning ch, turn.
- Row 2: Ch 6, (counts as a dc,ch 3), 1 sc in next ch-5 space, ch 3, *1 dc in next dc, 4 dc in next ch-5 space, 1 dc into next dc, ch 3, 1 sc in next ch-5 space, ch 3, rep from * across, 1 dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
- Row 3: Ch 8 (counts as dc, ch 5), skip next 2 ch-3 spaces, *1 dc in next dc, ch 5, skip next 4 dc, 1 dc in next dc, ch 5, rep from * across, 1 dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
- Row 4: Ch 3 (counts as dc), *4 dc in next ch-5 space**, 1 dc n next dc, ch 3, 1 sc in next ch-5 space, ch 3, 1 dc in next dc, rep from * across, ending last rep at **, 1 dc in 3rd ch of turning ch, turn.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.