This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the crossed ripple stitch. This stitch creates a dense but delicate pattern. The crossed ripple stitch would be great for hats, blankets and scarves!
The silver content in SilverSpun makes it therapeutic and conductive. Silver inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria, has excellent thermal properties, is nontoxic and is perfect for those suffering from diabetes, arthritis and sensitive skin. Silver is also an excellent conductive agent allowing Smartphone or tablet touch screen use while wearing gloves knit from the yarn. SilverSpun is compatible with Apple iPhones and Android phones. The silver is permanently adhered to the yarn and will not wash out.
These hooks have the broadest size range within the Susan Bates family of hooks. Made of lightweight aluminum; each Silvalume hook undergoes a special anodizing process, which etches away all surface impurities. In addition, each hook is heat treated for strength and durability and polished for a velvety smooth finish. Each size is color coded so you can find the size you need at a glance. The famous Susan Bates in-line head helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue-free crocheting and helps you maintain a more consistent gauge.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Round Front – wrap the yarn around the hook, insert the hook from in front and from right to left around the stem of the appropriate stitch. Complete the stitch normally.
Foundation Chain:Multiple of 3 + 1
- Base 1: (Wrong Side): 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, 1sc into each ch to end, turn.
- Base 2: 3ch (count as 1dc), skip 1st st, *skip next 2sts, 1dc into next st, 1ch, 1dc back into 1st of 2sts just skipped (called Crossed Pair); rep from * ending 1dc into last st, skip tch, turn.
- Row 1: 1ch, 1sc into 1st st, 1sc into next and each st and each ch sp to end working last st into top of tch, turn.
- Row 2: ch3, skip 1st sc, *skip 2sc, dc into next sc, ch1, dc/rf into dc 2 rows below.
Repeat rows 1 and 2 until you have reached your desired length.