Stitch DescriptionThis crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the crinkle stitch. This stitch creates a dense but delicate pattern. The crinkle stitch would be great for hats, blankets and baby booties!
The silver content in SilverSpun makes it therapeutic and conductive. Silver inhibits the growth of odor causing bacteria, has excellent thermal properties, is nontoxic and is perfect for those suffering from diabetes, arthritis and sensitive skin. Silver is also an excellent conductive agent allowing Smartphone or tablet touch screen use while wearing gloves knit from the yarn. SilverSpun is compatible with Apple iPhones and Android phones. The silver is permanently adhered to the yarn and will not wash out.
These hooks have the broadest size range within the Susan Bates family of hooks. Made of lightweight aluminum; each Silvalume hook undergoes a special anodizing process, which etches away all surface impurities. In addition, each hook is heat treated for strength and durability and polished for a velvety smooth finish. Each size is color coded so you can find the size you need at a glance. The famous Susan Bates in-line head helps reduce wrist motion for fatigue-free crocheting and helps you maintain a more consistent gauge.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Half Double Crochet
- Raised Single Crochet at the Front of Fabric – insert the hook from in front and from right to left around the stem of the appropriate stitch, and complete the stitch normally.
- Raised Single Crochet at the Back of Fabric (sc/rb)- insert the hook from behind and from left to right around the stem of the appropriate stitch, and complete the stitch normally.
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 2
- Row 1: (Wrong Side): Skip 2ch (count as 1hdc), 1hdc into each ch to end, turn.
- Row 2: 1ch, 1sc into 1st st, *1sc/rf round next st, 1sc/rb round next st; rep from * ending 1sc into top of tch, turn.
- Row 3: 2ch (count as 1hdc), skip 1st st, 1hdc into next and each st to end, skip tch, turn.
- Row 4: 1ch, 1sc into 1st st, *1sc/rb round next st, 1sc/rf round next st; rep from * ending 1sc into top of tch, turn.
- Row 5: 2ch (count as 1hdc), skip 1st st, 1hdc into next and each st to end, skip tch, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.