This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the big and little scallops edging stitch. This stitch creates a delicate scallop pattern. The big and little scallops edging stitch would be great for all of your edging projects!
Sourced the softest wool WEBS could find and dyed in a beautiful collection of solid colors and heathered shades. It is a dream to felt and soft enough for cozy garments. Valley Yarns Northampton also has a whopping 247 yards per skein. It is beautiful and economical. Made in Peru.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Treble Crochet
- Double Treble Crochet
- Bobble-work 3dc into next space until 1 loop of each remains on hook, yo through all 4 loops on hook.
Foundation Chain:Multiples of 10 + 2
- Row 1: (Wrong Side) work 1sc into 2nd ch from hook, 1sc into each ch to end, turn.
- Row 2: 5ch (count as 1tr, 1ch), work [1tr, 1ch] twice into 1st sc, skip 4sc, 1sc into next sc, *1ch, skip 4sc, into next sc work [1tr, 1ch] 5 times, skip 4sc, 1sc into next sc; rep from * to last 5sc, 1ch, work 1tr into last sc, 1ch, into same st as last tr work [1tr, 1ch, 1tr], turn.
- Row 3: 1ch, 1sc into 1st tr, *2ch, into next sc work [dtr, 2ch] 4 times, skip 2tr, 1sc into next tr; rep from * to end placing last sc into 4th of 5ch at beg of previous row, turn.
- Row 4: 1ch, 1sc into 1st sc, *4ch, skip next sp, 1 Bobble into next 2ch sp, [3ch, 1 Bobble into next 2ch sp] twice, 4ch, 1sc into next sc; rep from * to end. Fasten off.
Repeat rows 1-4 until you have reached your desired length.