The Double Treble (or Triple) crochet is an elongated post stitch. Using the same principal as the double crochet, the Double Treble uses three yarn overs before entering the fabric instead of one. It is kind of a crazy stitch to perform but it can be useful in making embellishments and openwork.
Editor’s Note: Be sure to grab your at the end of this post. It’s completely FREE!
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
Crystal Palaces’ Bamboo Crochet Hooks are lovely, and feel great in your hand. These 6 inch crochet hooks are made from specially selected, cured, and finished bamboo for an exceptionally smooth feel. Made in Japan.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PDF OF THIS STITCH PATTERN
- Step 1: Yo 3 times.
- Step 2: Insert hook into next stitch.
- Step 3: Yo and draw through loop.
- Step 4: Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook. (4 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 5: Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook. (3 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 6: Yo and draw through 2 loops on hook. (2 loops remaining on hook)
- Step 7: Yo and draw through remaining 2 loops on hook.