This crochet tutorial will help you learn how to crochet the leaf bloom stitch. This stitch creates a delicate leaf lace pattern. The leaf bloom stitch would be great for shawls, scarves and shrugs!
LanaMundi Yarns Tajik Mohair comes from the Asht region of Northern Tajikistan which is the center of Angora goat production. Only the best quality Angora kid fleeces are used for spinning this, strong yet soft, mohair yarn. The quality of this fingering-weight, two-ply yarn and the hand-spinning and dying are excellent; however, as with any handspun yarn, you may find some slight variation in thickness and color consistency.
The hook by which all others are measured! Skacel's most popular hook features a comfort grip handle. The famous addi Comfort Grip crochet hooks feature color-coded handles for ease of organization and perfect for those crocheteers seeking an ergonomic crochet hook.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- sl st
- Slip Stitch
- 3dc cl
- 3 Double Crochet Cluster
- Double Triple Crochet
- Picot- ch 3, sl st in 3rd ch.
- Bloom- [3dc-cl, picot, ch 5, 3dc-cl, picot] in st indicated.
Foundation Chain: Multiples of 12 + 6
- Row 1: (Right Side): sc in 8th ch from hook, picot, ch 3, skip 3ch, sc in next sc, *picot, ch 3, skip 3 ch, sc in next ch, picot, ch 5, skip 3ch, sc in next ch, ch 3, skip 3ch, sc in next ch; rep from * across to last 6 ch, picot, ch 3, skip 3ch, sc in next ch, picot, ch 2, skip 1ch ,dc in last ch, turn.
- Row 2: ch 1, sc in dc, *picot, ch 3, skip 1 picot, bloom in next picot ch 3 sp, ch 3, sc in ch 5 sp; rep from * across to turning ch, sc in turning ch sp, turn
- Row 3: ch 7 (counts as dtr and ch 2 sp), 3 dc-cl in 1st sc, picot, *ch 3, sc in ch 5 sp, picot, ch 3, skip 1 picot, bloom in next picot ch 3 sp; rep from * across to last bloom, ch 3, sc in ch 5 sp, picot, ch 3, skip 1 picot, 3 dc-cl in last picot ch 3 sp, picot, ch 2, dtr in last sc, turn.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until you have reached your desired length.