Have you ever stared longingly at a beautiful colorwork pattern, wishing you too could create such interesting items?
Do colorwork charts look more like crossword puzzles than wearable art?
Ever wish you could impress your friends with some mad color knitting skills?
It’s easier than you think. And we’ll show you how.
In this class, Johnny Vasquez, founder of New Stitch a Day, will teach you the basics of Fair Isle knitting.
You will learn:
- What Fair Isle means and how it differs from other styles of colorwork
- Two different methods for manipulating your yarn
- How to read a colorwork chart like a pro
- An nifty technique for keep multiple yarn balls in check
- Johnny’s bonus video on choosing awesome color combinations
and much, much more
Each technique is demonstrated slowly and clearly in real time.
You will also get a pdf pattern for a gorgeous Fair Isle cowl you can practice with.
How to Knit Fair Isle Colorwork for Beginners will help you add a new dimension to your knitting and blow away your friends! (not literally, that would be messy)
Who is this class for?
- Anyone who wants to add more color to their life
- Anyone who has trouble reading colorwork charts
- Confident with the following knitting techniques
– Casting On
– The Knit Stitch
– The Purl Stitch
– Binding Off
- Experience with continental knitting (not required but useful)
Class Duration: 60 min
Pre-order this class recording for $20**
** Access to Recorded downloads of classes will be sent within 5 business days of the LIVE class finishing. The LIVE class was held on Saturday, September 15th.