Note: These instructions are for binding off in a 1 x 1 rib pattern, but the principle is the same for all binding off in pattern.
- Step 1: Knit your first stitch as normal.
- Step 2: Purl your second stitch as normal.
- Step 3: Slip the first stitch over the second stitch.
- Step 4: Knit one.
- Step 5: Slip stitch over the new stitch.
- Step 6: Purl one.
- Step 7: Slip stitch over the new stitch.
- Step 8: Repeat steps 4-7 until you have one stitch on your needle.
When you have one stitch left, break (or cut) your yarn and pull tight.