The Arruga stitch is a great textural pattern stitch. It uses front post and back post stitches to create a reversible pebbled appearance throughout the fabric. This pattern is great for washcloths and projects where you want bold texture.
Woolspun, with an exquisite range of neutrals and vivid classic colors, will quickly become your go-to yarn. The 12-ply construction means that garments drape beautifully and afghans and warm weather accessories have a cushiony soft bounce to them. Sold exclusively at Michaels and LionBrand.com
Crafted in a dense, hard wood, these hooks from Laurel Hill are a pleasure to own and use. Palmwood has a strong, dark grain - and these hooks are made with a large, comfortable-to-use flat surface for the thumb of your working hand. Palmwood is very dense so it can be finely polished- you feel no wood grain, just a fine smooth crochet surface.
- Chain Stitch
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Front Post Single Crochet
- Back Post Single Crochet
Foundation Chain: Ch an even number of sts
- Row 1(RS): Dc in 4th ch from hk and each ch across, turn.
- Row 2: ch 1, sc in 1st dc, *BPsc in next sc, FPsc in next sc; rep from * across, sc in top of t-ch, turn.
- Row 3: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in each sc across, turn.
- Row 4: ch 1, sc in 1st dc, *FPsc in next sc, BPsc in next sc; rep from * across, sc in top of t-ch, turn.
- Row 5: ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in each sc across, turn.
Repeat rows 2-5 until you have reached your desired length.